Last weekend I had the sad task of going grocery shopping at my local grocery store on a Sunday. You may think Saturday is the busiest day but not at my store! Sunday is the ultimate worst time to food shop. Lots of people, lots of workers trying to re-stock, and lots of wasted time. Today I’m doing some thinking out loud and sharing my personal “10 Commandments” of Grocery shopping! Feel free to chime in with your own!
10 Commandments of Grocery Shopping:
You Shall Not…
- Take up the Entire Aisle with cart and self: Be aware of your surroundings and do not block up the entire aisle!
- Chat with long-lost friends for an hour: If you see an old friend pull the heck over to the side and don’t chat taking up the entire world!
- Judge the children or the parent: Kids have tantrums. Moms and dads can’t control their child’s intense emotions when they can’t have 36 boxes of sugary cereal. Deal with it.
- Shop Hungry: You will buy exactly 562 items that you do not need.
- Impulse Buy at check-Out: Put that dang soap opera digest down, woman!
- Drive 80 MPH in the parking lot: There are kids and families and people navigating carts with messed up wheels, do not drive like a maniac through the parking lot!
- Leave your cart next to your parking spot: Wheel it back to the store or to the little huts they have for the carts. When there’s exactly 1 parking spot left and there’s a cart in the way, no one is going to be a winner.
- Pick Food without a Price Sticker: It will make your check-out take 43 minutes longer.
- Run People Over with your cart: We’re all in this together. Let’s not be jerks with our carts. They don’t put bumpers on those things!
- Talk loudly on your cell phone: No one cares that you’re getting sushi with your friend Nancy later. Put the phone down and get your bananas!
What are your grocery store commandments? When do you go food shopping?
Tell me in the comments below!