If you’re looking to make your diet healthier, today’s your post. It can be really challenging when you are new to healthy eating habits. There’s tons of different information being thrown at you for all different types of diets. It may seem that you can’t eat anything that you want to eat and that healthy eating is boring. Today I’m offering some simple swaps that you can make as you ease yourself in to a healthier lifestyle. Also, I post healthy recipes every Friday, so check them out for more inspiration.
10 Simple Swaps:
- Try Avocado or hummus instead of mayo
- Swap microwave popcorn for air popped popcorn
- Use water or vegetable broth for sauteing rather than oil or butter
- Sip on Sparkling water rather than soda, juice, or sugary iced tea
- Enjoy plain oats and add fresh fruit and cinnamon instead of pre-made sugary oatmeal packets
- Roast spaghetti squash instead of traditional pasta and choose a tomato basil sauce rather than a heavy Alfredo
- Rather than popping chips, try snacking on edamame. It’s packed with protein to make you feel satisfied!
- Go dairy free and swap out your heavy cream or whipped cream for coconut milk
- Instead of sugar or artificial sweetener, try maple syrup, honey, or dates
- Make up some banana ice cream by putting frozen bananas in a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until consistency is like soft serve ice cream. You won’t miss the regular stuff!
What swaps do you like to do? Favorite oatmeal toppings?
Tell me in the comments below!