The season of Christmas can get really stressful and hectic. I try really hard to pick out meaningful gifts while still remembering that Christmas is not about the gifts. Today I thought I’d share 10 simple things that make me smile. As we go through a fun but stressful time of year, I hope you’ll stop and remember all of the things that you do have! As always, play along in the comments below, I’d love to hear your favorite simple joys!
- Waking up and realizing that you still have several hours to sleep: Nothing is quite as glorious as realizing you can go back to bed. Let Freedom Ring!
- Clean sheets: I always fall right to sleep when I just changed my sheets . Especially if said sheets are flannel.
- Musical Theater: Nothing beats belting out a good show tune…am i right?!
- Candle-lit apartment: Lighting candles around my apartment automatically makes me feel super relaxed and at ease. It amps up the cozy factor by 100. (Same with Christmas lights)
- The sound of the ocean: Even when I’m not at the beach, I sometimes listen to recordings of waves, wind, and seagulls. It makes me so happy and relaxed because my favorite place on earth is the beach!
- A warm shower: No matter how stressful or long my day was a nice shower will always improve my mood
- A delicious meal cooked by someone else: Don’t get me wrong I enjoy cooking and cook 90% of the time. However, I LOVE enjoying a meal that I didn’t have to prepare!
- The feeling after a hard workout: I love the feeling of accomplishment I get after completing a really challenging work-out and it carries on with me the rest of the day or night. Thank you, Endorphins.
- A day off from work: Not having a set schedule and having a day to yourself is always amazing. I am often jealous of people who make their own schedules.
- Family: My family will always bring me joy. They are able to make me laugh when I’m in a bad mood, relax when I’m stressed, and I don’t know what I’d do without them. Also, now that my niece is in the family, I feel a kind of happiness and joy from her that I didn’t know was possible. (okay…I need to stop I’m sitting here getting emotional!)
What are some of your favorite Simple Joys?
Tell me in the Comments below!