Christmas shopping can get expensive and overwhelming. Today I thought I would give 5 low cost gift ideas to anyone who wants to give out gifts but doesn’t want to spend a lot of money.
- Chex-Mix: My grandmother made a delicious salty and savory Chex-mix every year for Christmas (I’ll have to share the recipe with you all soon!) My mom made her recipe for us all last year and put it in a cute Christmas container. You can find really cute Christmas containers at the dollar store and a big batch of Chex-Mix would make enough for a lot of people. Another bonus? The ingredients are mostly pantry staples!
- Hot Chocolate Kit: You could buy a box of hot chocolate which typically comes with about 8 packets, buy mugs at a dollar store, and a bag of mini-marshmallows from the grocery store. Divide up the marshmallows in small festive bags (can also be found at the dollar store!) and place your packet inside the mug. Really feeling artistic? Decorate the mug with a sharpie & bake it in the oven (the baking seals the marker so it doesn’t rub off when washed)
- Bottle of Wine: You can find some nice wines for less than 20 dollars (I am not a picky wine person) & they have fancy gift bags specifically made for wine bottles! Not shopping for a wine fan? Try picking up some mini bottles that they usually have near check out. You can get small bottles of rum, vodka, gin, etc for 1-3 dollars per bottle!
- Coffee: Have a caffeine addict on your list? Pick up some fancy coffee syrups from your grocery store, a bag of coffee, and a mug or two for about 20 dollars total. Don’t like coffee syrup? Try cinnamon, nutmeg, and cocoa powder for fancy coffee toppings! You could also do the same for a tea lover as well only with a variety of herbal teas, honey, cinnamon, etc.
- Baked Goods: If you love to bake something specific every year around Christmas, bake a large batch and give it out as gifts. I enjoy baking Gingerbread loaf so I could buy some small mini-loaf baking pans (the inexpensive kind you can throw out when you’re done) bake them up, and write out the recipe on an index card. Feeling extra fancy? Put the recipe card in a frame from the dollar store and wrap it up with the baked good!
I hope some of you have found a few of these suggestions helpful! Let me know what your ideas are too!
What’s your best inexpensive gift idea?
Let me know in the comments below!