I don’t know about you, but I definitely need something sweet on a daily basis. I think that having something sweet each day helps me feel less deprived and keeps me on track for healthy eating. Here are some of my favorite guiltless desserts that I often have during the week:
- Dole’s Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries: I found these back in February and am so happy with them! You store them in the freezer and thaw out a pack for about 10 minutes when you’re ready to eat one. Each pack contains 4 halves of dark chocolate covered strawberries and contains 60 calories. The ingredients are literally just strawberries and dark chocolate. They also have a pineapple version that I’ve not yet tried!
- Rice cake with peanut butter and chocolate chips: I love spreading peanut butter (or any nut butter) on to a plain rice cake and topping it with chocolate chips. This is also really delicious on a chocolate rice cake or caramel rice cake. (Make sure if you get a flavored rice cake that it’s not artificially flavored!) You could also top it with a banana or strawberries if you’re not a big chocolate person!
- Baked Grapefruit: I shared this recipe in my Grapefruit edition of Foodie Friday…but its really delicious! I’m not a baked fruit person at all, but this really delicious. It’s sweet and could be easily customized to fit your preferences!
- Cereal:I know that cereal is not really the best choice for breakfast as most of it is filled with lots of added sugars. However, I like to enjoy a bowl of cereal for the nights when I’m feeling hungry after dinner and don’t want to mess up my diet too much. Some of my favorites are honey nut cheerios, Captain Crunch, and Honey Nut Chex.
- Greek yogurt with granola: I usually get about a cup of Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) and add in about 1/4 cup of granola. If you have some fresh fruit on hand, blueberries and strawberries are also delicious with it! It looks pretty and tastes delicious…plus the Greek yogurt will fill you up!
I hope you got some new ideas for when you want to have something sweet but don’t want to mess up your clean eating too much. I’d love to hear your favorites in the comment section below as well as your thoughts on my suggestions. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! 🙂
What’s your favorite guiltless dessert?
Tell me in the comments below!