Happy Thursday! Today I’m doing some thinking out loud with Amanda and sharing my personal kitchen essentials. I’d love to hear your own essentials in the comments below! If I could only have 5 items in my kitchen, these are the 5 I Would choose!
5 Kitchen Essentials
- Mixing Bowls of Varying Sizes: Somehow when I got married, I forgot to register for mixing bowls. My cousin saved my life and bought me a set of three mixing bowls all in a different color. These have become one of my most used items in the kitchen. I use them for serving, mixing, and holding food!
- Food Processor or High Speed Blender: This one is so important for me! I use my food processor so often to make recipes, sauces, you name it! I am in the market for a large food processor soon, so please leave your favorites below. My small one just isn’t cutting it these days!
- Wok: As someone who makes Asian food on the regular, a wok has been essential in my kitchen. In fact, I’ve now worn my wok to it’s last days and need a new one! It’s perfect for making a big stir fry and it never feels like it’s going to overflow like a regular pan.
- Rubber Spatula: This must seem random but boy has this been a life saver! Especially when I’m baking, I’m amazed at how much batter this little guy gets that a regular spatula or spoon can’t pick up.
- Good set of Knives: I believe that every person should invest in a good set of knives. If you’re going to be doing a lot of cooking, having good sharp knives is key! I use my knives so often and am always so grateful to have them nice and sharp…especially when I’m cutting through all 359 squashes that I buy per year…haha!
What is your number 1 kitchen essential? Do you use a food processor?
Tell me in the comments below!