The way I eat has changed drastically over the years. If you were to tell me 5 years ago that I wouldn’t eat dairy, gluten, and almost 100% plant-based, I would have laughed. I feel like now I have finally found what works best for my own body and health. It’s such a great feeling when you find what works for you, isn’t it? Today I’m sharing five reasons that I eat healthy. I’m not telling you that you need to eat the same as me, but I challenge you to take a look at what you’re eating on a daily basis and ask yourself if it’s best for you. Knowing where your food comes from and how it’s prepared has become really important to me.
5 Reasons I Eat Healthy
- Keeps any digestive issues away: I have had my fair share of digestive issues over the years. I feel my very best when I am eating healthy and staying active.
- Long-term health: I work on being my healthiest now because my health is a long term investment. The exercising and healthy eating I’m doing now can help combat many diseases and long-term health issues later in life.
- It is most satisfying: Even though I love chocolate, cookies, chips, etc, I always feel most satisfied after a healthy nutritious meal. It keeps me full longer, doesn’t make me sluggish, and makes me feel satisfied.
- It gives me energy & keeps me focused: If I eat a not so good meal, I always feel extra tired and hazy. It’s hard to be productive after a not so healthy meal. I love the energy and fuel I get from a nice healthy meal.
- It makes me respect & love my body: Eating well and staying active makes me feel an appreciation for my body. I struggle less with any body image issues and am less likely to say self-hating words.
Why do you eat the way you do? What food makes you feel most satisfied?
Tell me in the comments below!