It can be hard to keep an attitude of gratitude when you are going through stressful times in life. We get caught up in the stress of our jobs, stressors of being an adult, and focus on those feelings rather than what we already have. Today in my ongoing quest to have a grateful heart, I thought I’d share 5 things to be grateful for. I hope you’ll take some time in the comment section to think of what you’d put on your list!
5 Things To Be Grateful For
- Someone Loves You: Whether this is romantic love, love of a friend, love of family, or even love of pets, you have someone in your life that cares about you. Someone you can talk with, enjoy being around, and who cares about your well being. Think of them when you feel alone.
- You Ate Today: Even if money is tight, there is a very high chance that you still got plenty to eat. Maybe it was Ramen noodles or maybe it was lobster. Whatever it was, you were able to eat it and it satisfied your hunger. Think of this when you feel like you don’t have enough.
- You have a Home: Whether you live in a 5 bedroom house or a studio apartment, you have a roof over your head. A place to stay warm and dry or cool and comfortable, a place filled with memories both happy and sad, and a space to call your own. Think of this when you are wanting more.
- Your Health: Our bodies do a lot for us that we don’t ever even think about much. Most of us rarely get sick and have access to medicine to make us better when we are sick. So many people don’t have the opportunities and options that we have. Never take your health for granted. Think of this when you are feeling tired and worn down.
- Simple Pleasures of Life: Meeting with a friend for coffee, watching a movie in our homes, hugging a loved one; life is filled with so many simple joys. Don’t allow anxiety and harder times to cloud out your vision of those simple joys. Think of these simple joys when you feel stuck.
What are you most grateful for? How can you be more grateful?
Tell me in the comments below!