Now that I’ve been blogging for about 6 months (wow that went fast!) I thought I would share some of the things that I’ve learned so far.
- It’s a lot of work: From creating the content, taking and editing the photos, coming up with content ideas, marketing the blog, and networking with other bloggers, it is a slow and time consuming process. Often times it feels like you put in a ton of work for free for very little reward. Slowly but steadily I feel I’m learning and getting better, and I have a deeper appreciation for long-time bloggers who blog full time.
- It’s hard to find balance: Blogging is not my full time job but a fun hobby right now. That being said, I work the usual 40 hours per week and have other commitments after work as well. It can be hard to find the time and balance so that I’m a.) not scrambling around at the last minute creating mediocre posts, and b.) not blogging every waking moment of my free time. Weekends and days off have been my best friend to get ahead with posts and blog work! I definitely put in work toward the blog 7 days a week though!
- It’s really rewarding: Yes, blogging is a ton of work and can be frustrating, but when you are finally seeing people enjoy your content and commenting on your content and coming back for more posts, it’s really rewarding! Hard work pays off in the long-term and not always in that exact moment!
- All of the technical stuff of running a website stinks: I am not running a blog because I love to learn about coding, SEO, and running a website. I am running this blog to share my passions and to share the things that make me happy. When you have to figure out a new super tech-y issue for your site, it can be really frustrating! Luckily my web host and other bloggers have been super helpful!
- Other bloggers are amazing: This is probably the most important thing for me. Going in to blogging, I didn’t know if it would always feel like some kind of a competition between bloggers. However, I have found it to be quite the opposite. Other bloggers have been welcoming to me from day 1. They genuinely enjoy your content and comment on your content and genuinely help you when you have a question. It’s a great community to be a part of!
I can’t wait to see how this blog changes and grows 6 months from now. Thank you for taking your own time to read my thoughts. It means the world to me to share with others and I hope that you will stay here and grow and change as this blog grows and changes. Here’s to 6 more months of learning, growing, and enjoying being a blogger!