I would consider myself more of a morning person than a night person. No, I don’t love waking up at 5:30 am for work, but still would agree I’m more of a morning person overall. Today I wanted to share 5 quick tips for a better morning for those of you who are not a morning person. As always, add in your own thoughts and tips in the comments below!
- Make Your Bed: No matter how tired and frazzled you’re feeling, making the bed will make you feel more put together. It tidies up the room and also provides zero room for you to lay back down for “another minute”.
- Prep Your Food the night before: Prep your breakfast the night before. Make some baked oatmeal for the week, some overnight oats, or put together smoothie packs for an easy morning with very limited thinking necessary. Same goes with your work lunch, prep it after you eat dinner the night before. You’ll thank me later!
- Pick Out Your Clothes the night before: This goes for gym gear too. If you stop at a gym before or after work, pack your gym bag the night before and leave it by your door. As for work clothes, think about what you’re going to wear so that in the morning, you can throw it on and be done!
- Give Yourself Enough Time: If you have sufficient time to get ready in the morning, you’re less likely to start the day off in a bad mood. No one wants to feel frazzled and rushed before a full day of work. This might mean setting your alarm for an earlier time or making yourself get out of bed without hitting snooze 8 times. Since I have to get up really early, I shower the night before so I can sleep an extra 10-15 minutes and not have to shower in the mornings. Find what works for you. Also, if you do have to hit snooze 8 times, perhaps evaluate your sleep schedule.
- Avoid Social Media: Do not check your emails while brushing your teeth or scroll through Instagram while packing your lunch. Multi-tasking may actually slow you down while you’re getting ready. Also, you’re more likely to see something that makes you angry, annoyed, upset or all of the above. Start your morning off with your family and/or your breakfast and not social media world.
Are you a morning person? What do you do to set yourself up for a productive day?
Tell me in the comments below!