Happy Monday! I hope that everyone had a really great weekend! Saturday Daniel and I went with two other friends to the Coldplay Concert in the city. I must say, Coldplay really knows how to put on a great show! There were lots of fireworks, lasers, cool lighting, and lots of energy which made for a really great time. I think one of my favorite things about the show were the wristbands that lit up and pulsed with the music. They changed colors depending on the song and the whole stadium had them on.
Today I wanted to post 5 tips for healthy living newbies. I know that many times people want to start off on a healthier track and may find everything overwhelming and hard. Because of this, they are more likely to give up after a short time and the healthy habits will not stick. Today, I thought I’d share 5 of my own suggestions for anyone in that boat.
5 Tips for Healthy Living Newbies
- Make Small Changes: Focus on making small changes within your lifestyle rather than huge life-changing choices. You’re more likely to stick with it if you are only slightly adjusting your lifestyle. As you get more used to things, you can add more changes as you go. Never exercise? Aim to get moving 15 minutes a day until it becomes a habit.
- Find an Exercise You Love: Of course exercising is so very important for our overall health, but there are so many options out there. If you can’t stand the thought of yoga, don’t force yourself to do yoga an hour a day. Try new classes, online videos, or new activities outside and discover what you love. You’re more likely to keep exercising when you don’t dread it every day!
- Cook & Plan your Food: While eating out is enjoyable, it can be hard on the wallet and on your health. With a little practice and some simple planning, you can have a week’s worth of healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. It’s easy to stay on track when you can control what is going in your food. Also, it will make the times you do go out to eat all the more enjoyable!
- Make Short Term Goals: As I mentioned in my 5 Tips to Stay Motivated post, making short term goals helps you stay motivated as you reach your longer term goals. Take some time to plan out a few long term goals and a few short term goals for yourself. Look at this list whenever you need a boost!
- Don’t Obsess: I think that being committed to getting healthy is very important, however obsessing will get you nowhere. Don’t beat yourself up when things don’t go as planned. Most important of all, just jump back in to your new healthy lifestyle and keep it going! Most important thing to remember is to not dwell on what you’ve messed up on!
I hope these 5 tips help you to reach your long and short term goals and help to set you up for a healthy lifestyle!
Favorite type of workout? Favorite go-to meal? What’s the hardest thing for you to stay on track with? Current goals?
Tell me in the comments below!