If you’re anything like me, weeknight dinners need to be 1. easy to throw together 2. flavorful 3. easy to throw together. Did I mention easy to throw together? After a long day of work, a work out session, and blog work, the last thing I need is a complicated dinner. Here are 5 tips for making delicious throw together dinners that do no lack flavor!
5 Tips for Quick Weeknight Cooking:
- Pre-cook rice, pasta, and/or quinoa: If you have your grains pre-cooked, you can easily throw in some protein and vegetables for an easy pasta dish, stir-fry, or soup.
- Roast vegetables with your favorite seasonings and keep in container: Bake a potato in the oven and stuff it with your already roasted vegetables. You’ll have a quick and healthy meal on the table quickly.
- Crock pot for the win: I love using my slow cooker while I’m at work. I place everything in the crock pot the night before. The morning of, I plug in the crock pot and have it cook while I’m at work. How amazing is it to come home to a cooked meal?
- Plan ahead: Don’t waste your post-work hours pacing the kitchen, staring in to the fridge wondering what to eat. Have a meal plan and all ingredients on hand. You’ll know what’s for dinner and you’ll know you have everything on hand for that dinner.
- Breakfast for dinner: I love throwing together breakfast for dinner. Make an egg sandwich with fruit or a veggie scramble with toast. It’s really satisfying and delicious and takes less than 15 minutes. I’d call that a win!
How do you speed up your weeknight cooking routine?
Tell me in the comments below!