I’m typing this up late Sunday afternoon which is usually about the time the Monday Blues start to kick in. The excitement of the weekend has worn off and the upcoming work week is looming ahead. I have a hard time not feeling down Sunday evening; so here are 5 ways to increase your mood almost immediately! These can be used anytime you need a boost!
5 Ways to Boost Your Mood
- Move Your Body: When you’re feeling blue, a nice relaxing full body stretch can do wonders! Whether you take a walk around your neighborhood or workplace, do some light stretches, or even do a quick lap at work; you will feel more energized and focused. Stretching helps to ease your mind and calm any worries or anxieties creeping in your mind and body as well.
- Enjoy Some Citrus: Just smelling citrus can be a mood booster! It has a very invigorating scent that can help to ease anxiety. It’s also great for your immune system, calming anxiety, not to mention it’s delicious! I’d recommend it with a green smoothie if you’re not a fan of the vegetable taste in smoothies as the citrus flavors overpower any vegetable flavor.
- Listen to Music: If you’re really feeling blue and lethargic, try putting on an upbeat song. Music is a great way to get a quick mood boost! I personally associate different music with certain memories, so I love listening to music that is tied with great and happy memories.
- Talk to a Loved One: It’s amazing what a boost a loved one can give you. No matter how rough of a time you had that day or how bad you’re feeling, just chatting with someone who loves and supports you does wonders. Light some candles or whatever relaxes you and have a lovely chat! Hey, maybe even enjoy some citrus fruits with them 😀
- Enjoy Some Dark Chocolate: Yep, you heard me–I’m ordering you to eat some chocolate! If you buy some high quality, minimally processed chocolate, there are many benefits to enjoy. High in antioxidants, filled with serotonin to make you happy, and of course delicious to eat! Have a dark chocolate square for a quick mood boost!
I hope the rest of your Monday is great–it should be better now that you’ve received a boost!
Favorite mood booster? Do you love chocolate?
Tell me in the comments below!
You May Also Enjoy: