Happy Monday, friends! Also, Happy Halloween! How was your weekend? Mine was relaxing and I got to see my niece on Saturday! Today I’m popping in to share 5 ways to get rid of a headache. I don’t struggle with headaches nearly as often now that I don’t eat gluten, but every now and again they come rolling on through. Over the years, I’ve found a few things that help when traditional medicine does not. Hope this helps some of you out there struggling with headaches!
5 Ways To Get Rid of a Headache:
- Drink Some Caffeine: Whenever I feel a migraine coming on, having a strong cup of coffee can sometimes kill it. Too much caffeine can also trigger headaches, so finding the balance for yourself is crucial. For me personally, 1 cup of strong coffee is enough for a day.
- Self-Massage: Massaging the scalp, neck, and shoulders while experiencing a headache can definitely help alleviate the pain. I like to do this after work or before bed when I have a headache. You can find some really helpful self-massage YouTube videos that guide you through some helpful massage techniques for headaches. Simply search Self-massage for headaches.
- Stretching your neck and Shoulders: Many headaches stem from back, neck, and shoulder pain. Regularly stretching out those muscles can help ward off future tension headaches. I spend almost all day at a desk job, so stretching is so important to avoid tension headaches.
- Guided Relaxation/Meditation: Simply relaxing the muscles throughout your entire body helps to ease the pain of a headache. When I’m really dealing with an intense headache, YouTube comes to my rescue again! There are several guided relaxation videos in which they walk you through relaxing each muscle of the body. Doing this before bed is excellent! There are also guided meditation videos, but I personally enjoy the muscle relaxation ones best.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint tea is so beneficial to me in many ways. It helps when my stomach is nauseous or I’m having digestive issues and also helps when I have a headache. Simply sipping a cup of peppermint tea during a headache, helps to alleviate pain. I’ve also heard wonderful things about peppermint oil for headaches, but haven’t tried it yet!
Favorite headache remedy? Ever tried peppermint oil on your skin? Do you enjoy meditation?
Tell me in the comments below!
You May Also Enjoy: