Hi everyone! Currently writing this and I’m exhausted and grumpy 🙂 I’ve been having some off and on mood swings lately and some days I just feel off. I think everyone could relate to “those days” and I think it’s normal to have them! Today I’m sharing 5 simple ways to perk up your mood when you’re just not feeling it! Tell me your favorite ways in the comments below.
5 Ways to Perk Up Your Day
- Do Something You Love: For me, I like to write, read, listen to relaxation videos, watch movies, or sing! Sometimes I crank up Broadway show tunes and sing them at max volume 🙂
- Hug it Out: When I’m really in a mood, I love to just hug Daniel and hold it there. I feel so much better after several seconds of holding the hug. Even if you don’t have a special someone, a hug from a niece/nephew, baby, loved one does wonders!
- Move Yourself Outside: I find even taking a quick walk around the block does wonders to lift my mood. Sit outside on your patio or porch, go for a walk, or take a lunch break outside. Some sunshine and fresh air always helps me feel a little bit better!
- Give Yourself Space & Grace: Tell yourself it’s okay to feel grumpy and allow yourself time alone if you need it. Sometimes the best thing we can do is to allow ourselves the time and space to just feel as we feel and then let it go.
- Listen to Music Tied to Happy Memories: I love listening to old school music from my childhood, from past trips, etc. It brings an easy smile to my face when I hear the familiar music tied to such happy memories.
Also, there’s always cookies! 😀
How do you perk yourself up on a hard day?
Tell me in the comments below!