Most of us would agree, that we have the basics. We may not be the richest or the most successful in our careers, but we have a lot to be thankful for. Food on the table for every meal, a place to call home, loved ones to talk to, and the ability to travel or enjoy a meal out every once in a while. This holiday season, I invite you to challenge yourself to show kindness to someone in need. Here are 5 ways you can do this.
5 Ways to Show Kindness This Holiday:
- Donate Canned Goods: This time of year, there are many food drives going on. Donate some non-perishable items to a local church or to a non-profit. Spending a few extra dollars on some items will be worth it knowing you’re helping a hungry family.
- Make a Meal for new parents or an elderly person: If you know someone who just recently had a baby or maybe just has a young family and is busy and tired, make them a meal! Provide throw-away containers, paper plates, plastic utensils, and napkins so there’s no clean up for them either! If you don’t know a young family, reach out to an elderly person. They may be longing for some attention and a conversation over dinner.
- Buy a toy and donate it to a toy drive: Take advantage of the toy drive opportunities during the Christmas season. Think of the smile on the child’s face Christmas morning when they open up a toy that they’ve been wanting.
- Buy a Coffee for the person behind you: If you’re ordering your favorite seasonal beverage, offer to pay for the person behind you. This small act of kindness will no doubt make that person’s morning a little brighter.
- Write a thank you note to a helpful colleague: If one of your co-workers always has your back and shows you kindness, write them a thoughtful note. You could even bake them up some cookies to go along with it!
May your holidays not only be filled with fun, food, and family, but also with love and kindness.
Favorite way to show kindness? How can you show kindness today?
Tell me in the comments below!