Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend? We had some lovely weekend weather here in PA and I got in some walks with Aubrey. What did you do this weekend? Tell me in the comments below! Today I’m sharing 5 tips for staying healthy with a newborn. Being healthy is a challenge on it’s own, adding in a newborn with constant needs is even tougher. Here are five things that have helped in my quest in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
5 Ways to Stay Healthy with a Newborn
- Prep Ahead: I have been getting ingredients for big salads and putting it together for the week. I also be sure to wash and prep any fruit for the week so that I can just grab them quickly in between feedings. Also life savers have been frozen veggie burgers, meals brought in from family to reheat, and making up some rice, veggies, and tofu/beans for rice bowls.
- Ask for help: Everyone who has been offering to help you when the baby comes since you’ve been pregnant? Hold them to it. Ask for meals, ask for help with laundry or cleaning, or ask them to hold the baby so you can eat, shower, be human. If you don’t have family or friends nearby, don’t be afraid to hire someone to clean, order some takeout, or watch the baby while you work out or have a meal with your spouse.
- Splurge on Prepped food/Delivery: Pay a little more for pre-cut fruit, washed veggies, or even a grocery delivery service. Not having to worry about finding time to go food shopping, bringing a fussy newborn to the store, and/or finding time to wash fruit and veggies will be a life saver.
- Use large water bottle: Staying hydrated is always important but it’s even more important while breastfeeding. Not being hydrated messes with your milk supply, so it’s very important to drink, drink, drink. I refill a 32 oz water bottle and take it everywhere I go. That way, staying hydrated is super easy. I drink about 3-4 of them per day.
- Get Outside: Spending time outside whether alone or with baby will do you both good. A change of scenery will help both moods, help baby to sleep better, and keep you sane during those tougher days. Being outside for a walk is so much more than the importance of the physical exercise. It does your mental health wonders as well.
How do you stay healthy during busy times of life?
Tell me in the comments below!