I don’t know about you but after a stressful day at work, it can be hard to wind down. Even if I’m tired my mind often races making it very difficult to relax. Today I will be sharing 5 of my favorite ways to unwind after a long day.
- Exercise! Since I have committed to working out 5-6 days a week, I have felt such a difference in my sleep. I typically work out right after work so I don’t get too comfy and lose motivation. Most days I don’t even sit down until I’m done with my workout! Working out gives me a little boost of energy to get through the rest of the night after work and then later allows me to sleep soundly.
- Herbal tea! I love sipping on some Sleepytime tea or herbal tea in general. It relaxes me and it smells amazing. Usually I drink it by itself but sometimes I add a little honey to it too. Two of my favorites are Celestial Seasonings’ Honey Vanilla Chamomile and Sleepytime Teas.
- Reading! If I’m feeling distracted by the day’s events and want to go to sleep I like to read. Sometimes just reading a chapter gets me to sleep. I think it’s because my mind focuses on the book and not on other things going on.
- Putting my Phone on Do Not Disturb! Staring at my phone screen strains my eyes and makes my mind go a million miles an hour. Lately I’ve been trying to focus more on settling down rather than scrolling through my phone for no reason. I think doing so messes with my ability to get to sleep.
- Relaxation Videos! There are tons of relaxation videos on Youtube. I like the ASMR videos. (That stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) ASMR describes a feeling of relaxation that the listener receives during the video. These can be relaxing sounds of the ocean, someone whispering, or other relaxing “triggers” like tapping, scratching, or a roleplay type of video like you’re a guest at the spa. This sounds very odd but has been very helpful to me to relax. I’d encourage you to check them out if you never have! Don’t knock it til you try it! 🙂
What do you do to unwind? Have you ever heard of ASMR videos?
Tell me in the Comments below!