Today is my 5 year wedding anniversary! We’ve been a couple for 10 and married for 5 and were friends before that in middle school! What we have is rare and special and I’m so happy that I found my life partner so young in life. Today I’m sharing one highlight from each year of our marriage and one lesson for each year! I’d love to hear your own stories in the comments below of how you met your partner!
- Setting up our first shared space & enjoying our first time traveling with each other for our honeymoon.
- Traveling to an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica and living out one of my dreams of swimming with the dolphins
- Seeing Swan Lake in the city followed by dinner and drinks
- Cruise to Mexico, Belize, Honduras
- Becoming parents & meeting Aubrey face to face
- Be quick to forgive & quick to admit fault
- Never talk bad about your spouse to others; especially other family. You don’t know what kind of unwanted tensions it could cause
- Find your partner’s love language and keep their tank full (Highly recommend The Five Love Languages for all couples!)
- Sometimes love is wanting what’s best for your partner, even if it means that your own plans change
- Remember the grass is not always greener on the other side, it’s green where you water it. Relationships are ever-changing and need constant attention and love.
4 years of friendship, 5 years dating, 6 months engaged, 5 years married. 3 Jobs, 2 apartments, 1 baby, lots of laughter, lots of sadness, but nothing that I would want to change. I thank my God every day for giving me this man who has proven time and time again that he is my perfect match. <3
How did you meet your significant other? What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received about relationships?
Tell me in the comments below!