This little sauce recipe is so easy and fresh. It would work great on chicken, fish, or tofu as well. For this recipe I decided to mix it with roasted spaghetti squash. Let’s dive in to this Foodie Friday recipe!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Basil to taste, or fresh basil leaves chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 ripe avocados seeded and cubed
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- If sauce is too thick, add in a dash more lemon juice or olive oil
- Taste test to your preference and adjust seasoning as needed
To Roast Spaghetti Squash:
- Cut Spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds, and massage with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper and place on baking sheet skin side down
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until you can insert a fork in to the skin easily
- Using a fork, peel spaghetti squash so that it curls like spaghetti pasta and place in to a bowl
- Add in avocado sauce and mix well
I sprinkled mine with some mozzarella cheese and some more pepper. It was delicious! I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.
Another Spaghetti Squash recipe:
Are you a fan of avocados? If so, what’s your favorite way to eat them?
Tell me in the comments below!