Happy Foodie Friday! What exciting plans does your weekend hold? This weekend I hope to do some blog work, spend Saturday with my niece and parents, and hopefully some fall baking mixed in? Speaking of fall baking, today’s foodie Friday recipe is a fun take on a pancake! These apple cider pancake cups are vegan, gluten free, and easy to customize. You’ll get cinnamon and apple cider flavor in every bite, especially if you make the apple cider maple glaze for the top!
Apple Cider Pancake Cups (Makes 6)
- 1 Cup Gluten free flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider
- 1/3 Cup Soy milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Small overripe banana
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir to Combine.
- In a small bowl, mash banana until no longer chunky.
- Combine apple cider, soy milk, maple syrup, and mashed banana to dry mixture. Stir using a spatula until forms batter. Do not over mix.
- Line 6 muffin tins with baking cups or grease with coconut oil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean and tops are slightly browned.
For Apple Cider/Maple Glaze:
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup (THE REAL STUFF!)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider
- 1 Teaspoon Vegan Butter
- Combine ingredients in small saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour glaze in to a small bowl and dip pancake cups in mixture.
- Roll the glazed tops in cinnamon and enjoy!
I hope that you make these this fall, your house will smell like apples and cinnamon 😀 These will freeze very well or can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days for a quick breakfast or snack! I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. Until Monday, happy pancake dipping!
Favorite fall beverage? Favorite fall breakfast? Weekend plans?
Tell me in the comments below!