Happy Friday! I hope that you all had a good week this week. Mine wasn’t too shabby, but I’m ready for the weekend! I plan on doing some Christmas wrapping and Christmas movie watching this weekend! What are your plans? I’m very happy with today’s delicious Baked Pears recipe! Not only is it vegan and gluten free, but it’s the perfect sweet treat for the Christmas season! 5 Minute prep and 25 minutes baking is all that stands between you and these delicious pears!
Baked Pears (V+GF)
- 2 ripe Pears
- 1/2-1 Teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Coco-Whip (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Slice Pears in half and scoop out seeds. I used a grapefruit spoon which worked great! Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle each pear half with maple syrup and spread evenly. Pour any remaining maple syrup in to the divets where seeds were.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 25 minutes until skin is soft.
- Top with optional coconut whip and enjoy warm! Any remaining halves should be placed in an airtight container and refrigerated for 1-2 days.
I was extremely happy with how these turned out! You could also sprinkle with some nutmeg or allspice for a different flavor alternative. The coco-whip was a delicious addition and I’d definitely make these again! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Until Monday, happy baking!
Do you prefer Maple Syrup or honey? Favorite holiday dessert?
Tell me in the comments below!
This Week on Polyglot Jot: