Cue the Hallelujah chorus…IT’S FRIDAY!!! I’m watching my niece this weekend and I am so excited to spend much needed quality time with her. Hopefully some snuggles, Disney movies, and fun will be involved. 🙂 Now onward to Foodie Friday! These super easy Bean Tostadas will have a healthy and flavorful meal on your table in less than 30 minutes. This recipe is gluten free, filled with fresh veggies, and just the right amount of spice.
As always, feel free to add whatever veggies you like and have on hand. Side note: Does anyone else love the way cherry tomatoes taste when they’re roasted in the oven? It seriously tastes like a whole different veggie–soooo good! They’re also so good sauteed. I’m new to cooking tomatoes and I must say I am a fan!
Bean Tostadas (Serves 3)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes cut
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 package of mushrooms washed and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can re-fried beans with chilies
- 6 corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Place tortillas on baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms sauteing until soft, about 5-7 minutes. I added salt, pepper, and garlic powder while veggies sauteed. Add tomatoes for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Open re-fried beans and spread evenly on to the tortillas.
- Add veggies on top of the beans and spread evenly across shell.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the veggies and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each of the bean tostadas with cilantro until evenly coated. Serve immediately!
- I ended up topping mine with salsa and having some lime tortilla chips on the side. Super tasty!
Follow me on Instagram (@Polyglot_Jot) for more food deliciousness throughout the week! Whatever you do this weekend I hope its fun, relaxing, or both! See you on Monday for my April monthly must-haves post!
Are you a cilantro fan or do you think it tastes like soap?
Tell me in the comments below!