Hola Hola! So happy that it is Friday!! Insert the clapping emojis here! Actually, I must say this week flew by pretty quickly. This weekend I’ll be seeing some friends I haven’t seen in a while, usual errands, and hopefully some fun mixed in! As I mentioned in my last WIAW post, today’s recipe is delish! These Black Bean Pizza burgers are gluten free, vegan, and filled with delicious flavor! You’ll get the best of both worlds with pizza AND a burger!
I have no idea why I waited until this year to make my own veggie burgers. For one, it’s much cheaper than purchasing pre-made frozen patties AND it’s so easy! The food processor does the mashing for you and it’s super easy to customize to fit your dietary needs and tastes. Unless I’m really in a pinch, I’ll be making my own veggie burgers from here on out!
Black Bean Pizza Burgers (Serves 4)
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup GF oats
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Pour black beans in to a food process. Lightly chop until thick but still chunky. Pour in to mixing bowl
- Stir in oats, seasoning, and condiments, mix well to combine
- Form 4 patties and place on parchment lined baking sheet and prepare pizza ingredients.
To Make the Pizza:
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese(for non-vegan) or 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 small tomato diced
Putting it Together:
- Bake patties 7 minutes. flip each patty, remove from oven and add pizza ingredients. I topped two with mozzarella for Daniel and sprinkled nutritional yeast on two for me.
- Bake 7-9 more minutes, until veggies have softened
You can serve it on a GF roll like in the main photo, or you can eat it plain like I did. I had mine with sweet potato fries (seasoned with nutritional yeast, olive oil, garlic powder, and cumin) and a small avocado and tomato salad seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic.
I hope that you enjoy these delicious little pizza burgers as much as I did! I’d love to see your own creations of this recipe. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so I can see it! Have a great weekend, friends. Until Monday, Happy veggie burger-ing!
What are your weekend plans? Do you like black bean burgers? Favorite burger topping?
Tell me in the comments below!