Happy Friday, everyone! I can’t say I’m my usual stoked for Friday self as this week was a vacation week for me. But, I still have the whole weekend until it’s time to go back to work! Here’s to hoping for a nice slow weekend. Today’s Brussels Sprouts Poppers recipe is both vegan and gluten free; so it can appeal to any dietary needs. I’ve also included a savory dipping sauce with a sweet and spicy kick, perfect for dipping the crunchy Brussels Sprouts in to!
Brussels Sprouts Poppers (Serves 2-3)
- 1 lb of Brussels Sprouts washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt Coconut oil in small saucepan, pour over Brussels Sprouts.
- Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning in to a small mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Pour breadcrumb and seasoning over Brussels Sprouts/Coconut Oil combination. Stir until well coated.
- Transfer mixture to a small baking pan and bake for 25 minutes stirring every 5-7 minutes.
To Make Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Mix all three ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Add water if sauce is too thick for your liking.
- Serve Brussels Sprouts and dipping sauce right away so texture remains crunchy.
I hope that everyone has a great weekend! I am looking forward to a graduation celebration, some yoga, and some relaxing times before heading back to work next week. Until Monday, happy dipping!
What’s your favorite veggie side? Do you like Brussels Sprouts?
Tell me in the comments below!