Wow, I don’t know about you but this week was DRAGGING! I am thrilled that it’s finally Friday. This weekend I’m attending a dear friend’s wedding and I’m so looking forward to celebrating in her special day. Today’s Chickpea Tuna Pasta Salad is gluten free, 100% vegan, and 100% delicious. I hope you’ll whip it up this weekend and give yourself a little taste of deliciousness.
Chickpea “Tuna” Pasta Salad (V+GF)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 4 cups of cooked gluten free pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 4 Celery stalks cut in to small pieces
- 2-3 small tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 Small white onion diced
- 1/3 cup each chopped banana pepper and chopped dill pickles (or relish)
- 1 Teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place chickpeas in a food processor and pulse until resembles the texture of tuna. You could also use a potato masher if you don’t have a food processor but it will take twice as long.
- Place chickpea “tuna” in a large mixing bowl and combine all ingredients minus the pasta. Stir until well combined.
- Add in cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Top with salt and cracked pepper and serve! This recipe is even more delicious if it’s made a bit in advance and sits a while in the fridge.
- I enjoyed mine over a bed of fresh spinach! You could also enjoy this mixture without pasta and simply have it over top greens for a salad or on bread for a fancy sandwich!
I hope that everyone has a lovely weekend! Until Monday, happy pasta salad making!
Favorite pasta salad mix-ins? Are you a pickle fan? Weekend plans?
Tell me in the comments below!