Happy Friday! Cue the hallelujah chorus, the champagne, and whatever else you need to celebrate the weekend! It’s been a long long week over here, and this gal is looking forward to some much needed rest and relaxation. Today I’m sharing a simple snack or dessert idea perfect to usher in the Christmas season. The Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Crumble is gluten free, dairy free, and filled with the flavors of the Christmas season. I hope you’ll make some up while you wrap your gifts or watch your Christmas movies!
Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Crumble
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips (I used dairy free)
- 2 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 Teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup
- 3/4 Cup GF quick oats
- Combine oats, cocoa powder, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chips, maple syrup, and peppermint to mixture stir until coated.
- Chop dates and add to mixture.
- Stir until well combined and slightly clumpy. You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons of water if the mixture isn’t sticking together.
- Press on the bottom of loaf pan and freeze 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once set, crumble up in your favorite yogurt, add to popcorn, or simply eat as is while you wrap your Christmas gifts!
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! Until Monday, happy crumbling!
How will you enjoy this crumble? Peppermint or gingerbread?
Tell me in the comments below!