Happy Friday! Today we’re getting in to the September spirit with a yummy fall-inspired dessert. Today’s Cinnamon Apple Crumble is both vegan and gluten free. The crumble is lightly sweetened by dates, a splash of maple syrup, and a touch of brown sugar. In under 30 minutes, you will have a fall festive dessert that your family can enjoy! Perfect for a quick weeknight dessert or a simple healthier indulgence.
Cinnamon Apple Crumble (V+GF)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 3 Apples (I used Fuji apples)
- 1/2 Cup GF Quick Oats
- 3 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Slice apples thinly and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, and ginger to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place apples in a small baking pan and bake 25 minutes, stirring apples every 5-8 minutes.
- While Apples are baking, place Oats, dates, and brown sugar in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Pour oat mixture on top of the softened and baked apples. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crumble is golden brown.
- Enjoy with a mug of pumpkin coffee or top with your favorite dairy free ice cream! I bet this would also be delicious crumbled in coconut yogurt!
I hope that you all have a great weekend soaking up the warm weather while it lasts! I’ll be soaking up all the warmth I can. Don’t you wish you could bottle the warmth? Until Monday, Happy crumbling!
Favorite Fall dessert? Plans for the weekend? Do you love the warmth?
Tell me in the comments below!