Anyone else think food tastes better in single serving cups? Give me an egg muffin, a traditional muffin, or any kind of concoction baked in to a cup, and I will love it! Today’s recipe is no exception! These cinnamon french toast cups are gluten free, low in added sugars, and filled with cinnamon deliciousness! Onward to the recipe!
Cinnamon French Toast Cups (Serves 2-3)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 6 pieces of Gluten free bread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees & grease muffin cups
- Put all ingredients except for the bread in to a mixing bowl
- Whisk until totally smooth adding more milk if necessary
- Cut bread in to small cubes and add to wet mixture
- Using your hands coat the bread in the mixture and form small cups. Place in to 6 muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes until the cups are browned and the egg is cooked through. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- I served mine with sauteed mango jalapeno chicken sausage and onion. The spicy chicken sausage made for a great combo with the sweet cinnamon french toast cups!
I hope that you enjoy your weekend! I’ve got time with friends and family along with the usual errands planned for this weekend. Happy weekend to you friends 🙂
*I would use muffin cups rather than just greasing the tin. I used coconut oil to grease and they stuck to the pan and looked like this. Maybe butter would have worked better? Can’t win them all! Don’t worry, I ate the leftover french toast bits out of the tin :)*
Do you think things taste better in muffin/cup form?
Tell me in the comments below!