Happy Friday one and all. I am so excited that it’s finally Friday…this week was totally busy and stressful, so I’m ready to slow down this weekend. Today’s Chocolate Berry Dessert Oats recipe comes together in a snap and is not loaded with a ton of sugar or added junk.
These Chocolate Berry Dessert Oats are lightly sweetened, gluten free, and a healthier dessert option for those of you with a sweet tooth. You’ll find you probably have most of the ingredients on hand, and you could use any kind of berry you’d like. This recipe made 6 medium size muffins.
Chocolate Berry Dessert Oats
- 2 Cups of GF Quick Oats
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup chopped blackberries or berries of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees & Lightly grease muffin tin (I greased mine with coconut oil)
- Add Oats, cinnamon, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder in to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, egg, brown sugar, and almond milk. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add Liquid to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Roughly chop berries and add in to mixture, stir in to batter.
- Fill muffin tins almost to the top. They don’t puff up too much, so you are okay to fill them!
- Bake 20 minutes or until top has browned slightly and the middle is cooked through
I ate mine with peanut butter spread on for some extra deliciousness!
I think this would go really well with some coffee. I’ll be having one with my Saturday morning coffee I’m sure! Have a wonderful weekend and happy baking!
Would you rather:
Eat healthier dessert options frequently
Eat completely bad-for-you indulgent desserts once a month?
Tell me in the comments below!
Other Recipes you may enjoy: