It’s Friday, people! Yesterday was 70 degrees and today is supposed to hit 70 as well…IN FEBRUARY!! I am one happy lady with this weather…all I need is some avocados, tomatoes, and melon! Sadly, today’s Foodie Friday contains none of those things. Nevertheless, it is still super delicious! Not to mention it is gluten free and totally vegan! I hope you’ll give it a whirl this weekend or next week for dinner!
Eggplant Pizza Bake (V+GF)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 Jar of pizza sauce (feel free to make your own but I did not have the time)
- 1 Medium eggplant skinned and diced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 Package white mushrooms
- 1/2 large white onion or 1 small white onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1 Package Vegan Mozzarella (I used the Miyoko’s Kitchen brand which is sold at Whole Foods)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Saute Mushrooms, eggplant, and onion in 1 teaspoon of olive oil 4-5 minutes. You could also saute in water or broth if you aren’t a fan of cooking with oils.
- Add spinach, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning stir to combine and cook about 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant and spinach has wilted. I also added some salt and pepper to this but this is optional.
- Place vegetable mixture in a medium sized greased baking dish.
- Top with pizza sauce and place Mozzarella on top.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until cheese has slightly browned on the tops and sauce is bubbling.
- I served mine with some garlic bread on the side for dipping. When I ate the leftovers I paired it with a chopped salad which was also delicious!
I hope that everyone gives this dish a whirl. Please tag me on social media if you give this a test as I’d love to see your version! Until Monday, happy pizza baking! 🙂
Favorite vegetable with pizzas? Best way to eat eggplant?
Tell me in the comments below!
P.S. After reading Cora’s blogger questions post I downloaded something that will alert you when I respond to your comments. Please let me know if it is actually working!