I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! I will be doing a bit of a Thanksgiving recap post on Monday. For now, let’s get to Foodie Friday where I post a new recipe each week!
This week I’ve put together a nice healthy Quinoa salad after all of those heavy Thanksgiving foods. You could easily throw in some leftover turkey to this salad if you have too many leftovers!
You will need:
- 1 butternut squash (I spent an extra 75 cents & bought the already peeled butternut squash)
- Quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- 1 handful of Grape Tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 package of mushrooms
- Goat cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- Garlic Powder
- Lawry’s low sodium seasoned salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Chop butternut squash in to small cubes, massage with olive oil, add salt, and garlic powder
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until squash is soft (I totally meant to take a picture of the squash coming out of the oven but I received the cutest pictures of my niece ever…and forgot! Oops!)
- Meanwhile, saute the mushrooms 5-7 minutes or until browned
- Add spinach and allow to cook through about 2-3 minutes, add cherry tomatoes and remove from heat
- Cook Quinoa according to package (I made 4 servings)
- Drain chickpeas and add to vegetable mixture
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and sprinkle in goat cheese
I drizzled the whole thing with a small amount of olive oil & added some pepper on top.I will be having leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Have a great weekend!
What’s your favorite post-Thanksgiving healthy recipe?
Share it in the comments below!