Welcome to Foodie Friday! I thought I’d kick off the first foodie Friday post of December with this Festive red and green spaghetti squash bake!
To Roast Spaghetti Squash:
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees
- Cut a medium spaghetti squash in half & scoop out seeds *To make it easier to cut the squash in half, poke holes in the squash and microwave it for about 1 minute. This softens the skin and allows for an easier cut.*
- Massage squash with olive oil & add garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chili powder
- Line baking sheet with aluminium foil and place squash skin side up (NOT flesh side down because I hate the word “flesh” ew!)
- Roast 30-45 minutes or until you can poke the middle of the squash with a fork easily, here’s what my finished squash looked like after 40 minutes:
- Using a fork, peel squash and place in to a bowl it will look like pasta at this point
For the bake you will need:
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 batch of green onion
- 2-3 handfuls of spinach
- Panko bread crumbs
- Goat cheese
- Dill weed & garlic powder
Putting it all together:
- Lower oven heat to 350 degrees
- Chop bell pepper and saute with olive oil and garlic powder for 5-7 minutes or until tender. During the last two minutes of cooking, add in spinach
- Chop green onion and add to spaghetti squash, add sauteed vegetables to squash mixture and stir to combine
- Pour mixture in to a 9×9 baking dish
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs, goat cheese, and Dill
- Bake 20-30 minutes until edges have browned and cheese is bubbly.
I served mine with some garlic roasted potatoes! (I’ll have to share that recipe sometime soon too!) Hope everyone’s enjoying the start to the holiday season!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Spaghetti Squash?
Let me know in the comments below!