First recipe of 2017–hooray! Today’s recipe is close to my heart as I am a huge fan of potatoes. Give me wedges, fries, mashed, boiled…whatever you want and I will love them! Today I’m sharing a gluten free and vegan mashed potato recipe that serves as the perfect warming side this winter season. Good luck trying not to eat the whole thing but don’t worry, I won’t judge if you do! 😉
Garlic and Chive Mashed Potatoes (V+GF)
- 4 Russet potatoes cleaned and peeled
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dill
- 1/4 Cup chopped Chives
- 1 Cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of vegan butter
- Slice potatoes in wedges and place in a pot of salted water.
- Bring potatoes to a vigorous boil. Once water is boiling, turn stove on low heat, cover, and cook potatoes 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pot. Add butter and almond milk and mash with potato masher until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients and cook through for 5 minutes.
- Serve as a side with your favorite comfort food. Mine made a great base for some vegetarian chili!
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! We are supposed to get some snow here on Saturday, so you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll be trying to hibernate. Until Monday, happy mashing!
Favorite main dish with mashed potatoes? Favorite way to eat potatoes?
Tell me in the comments below!