Happy Foodie Friday! I hope that your Easter weekend plans are filled with some fun and good food! I’m looking forward to church and a lunch with family. I’ll be sure to chat about it next week! Lately I’ve been craving some hearty sandwiches and so I’ve been getting creative on some vegan sandwich ideas. Today’s Garlic Roasted Veggie Sandwich recipe is a winner! The eggplant makes for a meaty and hearty sandwich while the other roasted veggies and some hummus add to the delicious flavor. Perfect for lunch or dinner, you can throw it together in about 20 minutes!
Garlic Roasted Veggie Sandwich (V+GF)
- 1 Eggplant sliced in to medium-thick sheets, skin removed
- 1 small white onion sliced in to rings
- Bell pepper cut in to strips
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms cut in to 2 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
- Hummus of choice
- Roll or bread of choice (I used a gluten free roll)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove skin of eggplant and slice in to medium-thick strips.
- Chop the rest of your veggies.
- Combine Cut vegetables in to a large mixing bowl and add in garlic, olive oil, parsley, and nutritional yeast. Toss until all vegetables are coated with seasoning.
- Lay veggies on parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes giving vegetables a stir half way through cooking.
- Toast bread or rolls during the last 3-5 minutes of cooking.
- Spread hummus on toasted bun, add in roasted vegetable mixture, and top with fresh greens of choice. I used spinach and served mine with some strawberries on the side.
I hope that you have a wonderful Easter, friends! Until Monday, happy roasting and happy Easter!
Favorite “meaty” vegetable? Favorite kind of hummus?
Tell me in the comments below!