Welcome to Foodie Friday… Grapefruit edition! I’ve been buying a ton of grapefruit recently because they’re so affordable this time of year! I love just eating it plain with breakfast, but here’s two more options to mix it up! So, lets start off with the salad and dressing!
For the Salad:
- 1/2 box of kale & spring mix
- 1/2 package of mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle of goat cheese
- 1 bell pepper
Wash and chop all ingredients and place in a salad bowl.
For the Dressing:
- Juice of 1/2 a Grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 Pinch of salt and pepper
Simply whisk together all ingredients together in a bowl and pour over salad.
Toss to coat. Serves 4 as a side salad. If you want to make this dressing but only eat 1 serving size, it should keep in an airtight container for a couple of days. I want to start making some of my own dressings rather than buying them all of the time. Less junk in them and a definite money saver!
I served my salad with soup and a biscuit! The soup may or may not have been Star Wars shaped noodles 🙂
Wondering what to do with the other half of that grapefruit?? Well wonder no more! I decided to have the other half for dessert.
For baked grapefruit:
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon of dark brown sugar
- Drizzle of honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees
- Spread ingredients over grapefruit & bake 12-15 minutes until grapefruit skin browns slightly and brown sugar has melted in to the fruit
- Serves 1 but feel free to cut up more grapefruits and make as many as you’d like!
- This absolutely fed my sweet tooth and overall isn’t too bad for you! I’ll definitely be baking more of these when I crave something sweet!
Whats your favorite homemade dressing recipe?
Tell me in the Comments below!