Today’s Foodie Friday centers around a festive little hot drink safe for those of us who are lactose-intolerant. It’s fast and easy to make and turned out really delicious! This recipe is for two mugs worth. Feel free to use regular Egg Nog too!
You will need:
- 1 cup of Lactose free Coconut Milk Nog (or regular)
- 2 cups of Almond Milk (I used Hint of Honey vanilla to add some sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients to a small or medium saucepan. Stir frequently on medium heat until mixture is well combined. Allow to boil.
- Ladle in to your favorite Christmas mugs & top with desired toppings. I topped mine with a dollop of marshmallow fluff & sprinkled cinnamon on top. Feel free to top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of some more cocoa powder, or chocolate sauce!
Enjoy with your favorite holiday movie! Need some movie ideas? Check out my Top 5 Christmas Movies! I hope you have a great weekend, everyone!
What’s your favorite hot beverage during the holiday season?
Tell me in the comments below!