Happy Friday, friends! The weather has been warming up and Spring seems to be in full effect these days which makes me one happy gal. Warmer weather has my cravings shifting from warm and comforting to light and flavorful. Also, the fact that the Spring produce is starting to pop up is making me so happy for Spring and Summer produce galore. Today’s Lemon Dill Quinoa Salad is gluten free, vegan, and filled with my favorite flavors of Spring. Make it for your next BBQ or gathering and it is sure to please any taste bud.
Lemon Dill Quinoa Salad (GF+V)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 Cup cooked Quinoa (I used tricolor)
- 2 Zucchinis Chopped in to bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch of spring onions chopped
- 1 Can of Chickpeas rinsed and drained (these didn’t make the photo because…pregnancy brain)
- 2-3 Small tomatoes diced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Dill Weed
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook Quinoa according to the package instructions, chill in fridge until cool or room temperature.
- Saute zucchini in water, broth, or olive oil about 7-8 minutes until soft, chill in refrigerator with quinoa.
- Zest & juice the lemon in to a mason jar. Add vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and Dill to lemon zest and juice then shake to combine.
- Combine Quinoa, zucchini, spring onion, tomatoes, and chickpeas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add dressing mixture and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight to chill and absorb flavor.
- I served mine with some watermelon so it was extra summery!
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, friends! Until Monday, happy mixing!
Favorite spring or summer flavor? Favorite Summer fruit?
Tell me in the comments below!