Happy Friday, everyone! Thanks for all of the bloggers who chimed in on yesterday’s Thinking Out Loud post. I was definitely laughing at the truth of all the different answers–gotta love it! Today’s loaded dessert fries are gluten free and packed with s’mores deliciousness! I don’t know about you, but in the summer, I love to eat s’mores. Since I live in an apartment building and don’t have a fireplace, I got a little creative with a sweet potato fry take on the classic s’more recipe! This recipe would the perfect dessert for summer BBQ’s!
Loaded Dessert Fries
- 2-3 sweet potatoes depending on size
- 3-5 graham crackers (I used Schar gluten free graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Optional honey & cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut ends, and cut in to fries, lay on lined baking sheet
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan and pour over fries, drizzle with honey
- Bake 20 minutes until potatoes have softened
- Break up graham crackers and lay on fries, add marshmallows and chocolate chips
- Bake 5 minutes until chocolate has begun to melt and marshmallows are bubbly
- Garnish with cinnamon and enjoy!
- I recommend eating this dessert with a fork as it is DELICIOUS but quite messy!
If you want to see more yummy food ideas, follow me on Instagram (@Polyglot_Jot)! I hope that you have a lovely weekend! Don’t forget to tell me if you ever try one of my Foodie Friday recipes! It would make me so happy to hear how you enjoyed it! Until Monday… Happy S’more making, friends!
Do you love S’mores? Ever have sweet potatoes for dessert? Favorite dessert?
Tell me in the comments below!