Happy Friday! I hope your week ends on a happy note and that you have some fun plans coming up this weekend. Today’s Maple Dijon Potato Salad is gluten free and vegan. You can serve it as a side or an entree and it would be perfect for taking to an Easter lunch/brunch or for an upcoming BBQ dish. You’ll enjoy a vinegar tang from the Dijon paired with a slight sweetness from a touch of maple syrup. Enjoy, friends and try not to eat the whole bowl!
Maple Dijon Potato Salad (V+GF)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1.5 lbs Potatoes (I used Organic Fingerling but red bliss would work nicely too)
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions
- 1/2 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1-2 Cups fresh Arugula
- 1 Cup washed and drained chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash Potatoes and boil until soft (about 20 minutes). I cut the potatoes in to smaller pieces prior to boiling them as well.
- Drain potatoes and allow them to cool 5-10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooling, chop green onion, cherry tomatoes, and arugula in to smaller pieces. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Add to potatoes in a large bowl.
- Combine Mustard, maple syrup, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and add to vegetables and potatoes. Stir to coat.
- Allow to refrigerate 15-30 minutes for best flavor but it will still be delicious if you dig right in!
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, friends! Until Monday, happy potato boiling!
Favorite kind of potato? What are your weekend plans?
Tell me in the comments below!