Happy Friday!! This weekend is supposed to be beautiful and warm–my favorite combo! I can’t wait to spend some time outside and also celebrate Father’s Day on Sunday with family. If you forgot, consider this your warning that Father’s Day is Sunday. Today’s Mushroom Lentil Tacos are vegetarian, gluten-free, packed with protein and topped with creamy guacamole! Enjoy it for Taco Tuesday or Meatless Monday next week for a delicious, healthy, and easy meal. Now, onward to the recipe!
Mushroom Lentil Tacos (Makes 10 Tacos)
- 2-3 cups roughly chopped mushrooms. I used more exotic mushrooms but any mushrooms will do.
- 1 can of Lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced chilies
- 1/2 container Grape Tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Lime halved
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about 5 minutes, until mushrooms soften and begin to brown.
- Add lentils, chilies, garlic and chili powder, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the juice of half the lime and set the other half aside. Add grape tomatoes and lettuce, cook 3-5 more minutes until the lettuce has wilted slightly and everything is heated through.
**If you’ve never tried cooking lettuce, please give it a whirl. I added it to stir fry last week and was loving the delicious slightly bitter flavor it added. I think I’m hooked on cooked lettuce!**
- Place filling in corn tortillas, set aside, & make the guacamole!
- 1/4 white onion diced
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or Coconut milk yogurt if Vegan
- 1 tablespoon jarred salsa
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
To Make Sauce:
- Mash avocado until guacamole texture, stir in diced onion.
- Add yogurt, salsa, lime juice, and seasonings
- Mix until desired texture
- Serve on top of the Mushroom Lentil Tacos!
I really enjoyed these tacos and will definitely be making them on the regular. If you’re not used to eating meatless meals, this taco will be a good start as mushrooms have a meaty texture. Let me know if you try this recipe out and be sure to share it on Instagram & tag me! Have a great weekend, everyone! Until Monday, Happy taco making!
Do you enjoy meatless meals? What’s your favorite taco? Father’s Day Plans?
Tell me in the comments below!