Today I thought I’d share an easy and veggie packed stuffed pepper recipe. As always, feel free to adjust to your own liking! This recipe serves 2-4 depending on how hungry you are! Let’s dive in to the recipe!
To Prepare Peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees
- Cut two bell peppers in half, remove seeds and stems
- Massage peppers with a small amount of olive oil, place on aluminum foil lined baking sheet skin side up
- Roast in the oven 20 minutes until skin is soft and edges are slightly browned
For the Filling:
- 1/2 package of mushrooms washed and diced
- 1 Cup uncooked pasta
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Basil to taste
- Pasta Sauce (amount to your liking)
- Saute mushrooms and onions 7 minutes
- Add garlic and basil during the last 2 minutes of cooking
- Put veggies in a large bowl
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to the package
- Add pasta to veggie mixture and add desired amount of pasta sauce, stir to combine
- Once peppers have roasted, turn them over and fill each with pasta mixture
- Bake 8-12 minutes until heated through. I’d recommend adding a bit more pasta sauce on top. Mine turned a slight bit too dry after I baked it again!
I served mine with a side salad and a biscuit! Happy Stuffing!
What’s your favorite pasta dish?
Tell me in the comments below!