It’s Friday, friendly faces! Halloween may be over, but Thanksgiving is on it’s way! Thanksgiving is definitely still pumpkin season…hands down! Before you trade in your pumpkin for gingerbread and peppermint, try this delicious curry recipe! This Pumpkin Coconut Curry is gluten free and vegan and made perfectly creamy by coconut milk. It can be made in about 20 minutes, so it’s perfect for weeknight cooking. Flavor without the fuss is the perfect meal for me!
Pumpkin Coconut Curry (V+GF)
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- Peas & Carrots (I used 1 can of each)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can low sodium lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt vegan butter in medium sauce pan. Add onion and spices and saute 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add coconut milk to pan and stir until totally liquefied.
- Stir in pumpkin until mixed through. Cover and cook 5 minutes to thicken on medium heat.
- Add in lentils, peas, and carrots. Cover and simmer on low heat 10-15 minutes.
- I served mine over Jasmine rice but GF pasta or potatoes would also be delicious.
I hope that you have a great weekend filled with relaxation and fun! Until Monday, happy curry making!
Rice or potatoes? Are you a curry fan? Do you like making complicated recipes?
Tell me in the comments below!
This Week on Polyglot Jot: