Happy Friday, friends! I was really happy with this recipe and I can’t wait to share it with you! I love my seasonal sweet pumpkin treats, but sometimes I crave savory. This savory pumpkin pasta sauce is creamy without dairy and filled with flavor. It comes together in about 10 minutes, so you can enjoy it in no time! Whip it together to impress your friends this fall. It tastes fancy without the work!
Savory Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/4 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 2/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup almond or soy milk
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan add in garlic and cook 2 minutes or until fragrant on medium low heat
- Add curry powder, onion powder, and chili powder to pan. Cook 5 minutes on low heat
- Finally, add pumpkin and almond milk to pan. Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes on low heat stirring occasionally
- Pour over your favorite pasta and top with cracked pepper and green onion
- I enjoyed mine over rice noodles and it reminded me of a pumpkin pad thai!
It is my hope that you enjoy this as much as I did; I may or may not have eaten some directly from the sauce pan. Hey! I was recipe testing! 😉 I am going to be on vacation next week, but I have all of my posts ready to go for you to enjoy. I’ll catch up on all comments upon my return. I hope you’ll still stop by! Until Monday’s post, happy pumpkin eating!
Do you tend to crave sweet or savory? Favorite seasonal flavor?
Tell me in the comments below!