I’m not going to lie, basically every Friday morning when my alarm goes off, I silently celebrate that this will not be me the next day. I yank myself out of bed because I’m exhausted by the end of the week–but at least it’s Friday! Tomorrow I can do XYZ, tomorrow I can sleep without an alarm, tomorrow I can be lazy at home…Saturday is the best day, but Friday happy vibes definitely aren’t too shabby either! I will continue to pass along the good Friday vibes with a simple, delicious, gluten free, and vegan summer salad for you! Keep the happy Friday vibes going, my friends! Spread the joy!
Simple Summer Salad (Makes 4 entrees/6 sides)
- 1/2 package brown rice noodles
- 2 cups roasted eggplant (I roasted an eggplant the day before)
- 1 can sweet corn, unsalted
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 handful of sprouts
- Cook pasta according to packaging instructions, drain and rinse thoroughly
- Add all ingredients minus the green onion to a large bowl and stir to combine
- Dice green onion and set aside, make salad sauce
- 1/3 cup plain unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place avocado in a food processor, pulse a few times until avocado breaks up.
- Zest 1/2 the lemon then juice entire lemon in to avocado mixture
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and process until thick and creamy, stirring until sauce is smooth
- Add water until sauce is desired consistency (I added two tablespoons of water)
Putting it Together:
- Combine sauce with noodle/veggie mixture and stir until evenly coated
- Top with green onion and cracked pepper
- Refrigerate 15-30 minutes until pasta salad is cooled completely
I hope that you have a great weekend filled with no alarm clocks, unscheduled meal times, relaxation, and lots of love and fun! I’ll be back with another post on Monday. Until Monday, happy salad mixing!
Do you feel happier on Fridays? Do you set an alarm on weekends?
Tell me in the comments below!
This Week on Polyglot Jot: