Happy Foodie Friday!! Today I have a flavorful, easy, and quick recipe for you that would be a great change of pace to the traditional fry. These Southwest Eggplant Fries are gluten free, vegan, and basically tastes like a taco party in your mouth. You are welcome in advance, my friends! Although I love me some potatoes, this was a nice change from the norm. Don’t you ever just like to mix things up? I hope you make these soon and share it with me on Instagram! Now…enough with the chatting, let’s get on to these fries!
Southwest Eggplant Fries (Serves 4)
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees.
- Cut eggplant in to fry shapes. I cut the top off, cut the entire eggplant in half, and cut fry shapes out from half eggplant. You may also choose to peel eggplant if you think skin is too chewy.
- Place fries in to a medium mixing bowl and add all ingredients to bowl. Mix to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fries in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes until eggplant has crisped slightly along the edges and is soft in the middle. Be sure to flip eggplant after 15 minutes of cooking.
- I enjoyed mine with a veggie burger topped with guacamole over some sauteed bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. I dipped the eggplant in to ketchup like fries and it was yummy!
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and that come Monday you feel fabulously rested and ready to take on the week! I’ll be going to a concert on Saturday and a lunch on Sunday with family and friends. Until Monday, happy fry making!
Weekend plans? Favorite non-potato fry? Favorite kind of potato?
Tell me in the comments below!
This Week on Polyglot Jot: