Hola and happy Friday, my friends! How was your week? I hope it was good! I’m currently writing this in advance, so I hope my week was good too! Today’s Southwest Stuffed Peppers are vegan and gluten free. I tried out some beefless crumbles and was shocked at how much they taste like beef! Whether you’re cooking for a meat eater or a vegan, chances are they will be impressed by this delicious dish! The peppers come together in about 30 minutes, and could easily be prepped in advance.
Southwest Stuffed Peppers
To Roast Peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees
- Cut peppers in half, remove seeds, and place skin side down on a baking sheet
- Bake 20 minutes or until skin is soft.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 2 Bell peppers, Halved
- 1 cup of cooked rice, I used a wild rice blend
- 1 Can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 can corn no salt added
- 1 bag beefless crumbles
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 white onion diced
- 1/4 cup Shredded vegan cheese
- While peppers are cooking, make filling.
- Saute onion in 1 teaspoon of olive oil until translucent
- Add garlic and spices, cook two minutes
- Add beefless crumbles and spinach and cook 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes, corn, and rice and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes
- Once peppers are soft, add filling to peppers and sprinkle with cheese
- Cook 12 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- I served mine on a bed of some of the extra filling and topped it with salsa. The leftover filling makes for great tacos or taco salads for the week.
I hope that you have a really great weekend! What plans do you have? I’m so bummed the summer is coming to an end but I’m hoping the warm weather sticks around for as long as possible! Until Monday, happy stuffing!
Favorite taco dish? Do you like stuffed peppers? Ever tried beefless crumbles?
Tell me in the comments below!