Happy Foodie Friday! Although this week was a tiring and busy one, it wasn’t too bad overall. This weekend I’ve got some family time planned on Saturday and Sunday and am looking forward to it! So, I am pretty pumped about today’s Stir Fry Boats because: 1. I love food in it’s own little boat 2. Spaghetti Squash is amazing 3. This showcases all of my favorite Asian flavors! We’ve got a fancy looking, simple dish that’s both vegan and gluten free.
Stir Fry Boats (GF+V)
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (Apparently I got the world’s largest!)
- 1 Can of no salt added carrots or 2-3 fresh carrots peeled and sliced
- Bok Choy (1 bunch)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Green Onion (1 bunch)
- 1/3 Cup Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- Spoonful of coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Optional sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees.
- Poke holes with a fork in to spaghetti squash and microwave 5-7 minutes to soften squash.
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half and remove all seeds.
- Rub Coconut Oil on to squash and place skin side down on a lined baking sheet. Bake 35-45 minutes in the oven or until squash is fork tender.
- In the meantime, saute Bok Choy, carrots, and green onion in water or olive oil until soft (2-3 minutes) set aside.
- Combine Peanut butter, seasonings, sesame oil, and Tamari in small bowl. Whisk until a thick sauce forms.
- Once Squash is tender, run a fork through to form the spaghetti like noodles. Add to veggie mixture.
- Add sauce to veggies and squash tossing to combine.
- Place mixture back in to Squash skins and bake 5-7 minutes in the oven.
- Top with optional sesame seeds and dig in!
Favorite Asian flavor? Favorite squash dish?
Tell me in the comments below!