Happy Foodie Friday! I hope that everyone has a productive and quick workday leading in to a fun and relaxing weekend! I am going to try and keep my plans to a minimum after last weekend’s busy weekend in NYC. I’d love to hear your plans in the comment section below! Today I’m sharing a super simple and delicious way to prepare Butternut Squash. I’d recommend this sweet roasted butternut squash for a dessert or sweet side. It’s vegan, gluten free, and simple!
Sweet Roasted Butternut Squash (V+GF)
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Poke holes on either side of the squash. Microwave for 1 min 30 seconds to soften skin for cutting.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Using a brush or your hands spread the maple syrup on either half of the squash until coated. Sprinkle on cinnamon and ground ginger.
- Place squash skin side up on parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. When done, squash will be fork tender.
- Enjoy straight out of the skin with a spoon or mash up like potatoes!
This simple combination would be a great combo for a side dish or dessert this Thanksgiving season. Once the squash is roasted, its very easy to mash or cube if you don’t want to serve it in the skin. Anyone else feel awesome when they eat food directly out of the little “boats”? I hope that you all have a great weekend! Until Monday, happy roasting!
Sweet or savory for squash? Do you like ginger and cinnamon?
Tell me in the comments below!