Happy Friday, everyone! Today I’m continuing with some more apple fall goodness. I have recently become a big fan of the sweet and savory combo in one dish. I love fruit in salad and roasted vegetables stuffed in a sweet potato. What’s your favorite sweet and savory combo?
This sweet & savory apple slaw is gluten free and vegan! A perfect side dish to bring to a party this fall season. The best part is that it takes about 10 minutes to whip up but tastes like a fancy side. Win-win!
Sweet & Savory Apple Slaw
- 3 small gala apples
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk yogurt
- 1 Cup shredded carrots
- Slice apples as thin as you possibly can
- Add all ingredients in to a small mixing bowl
- Mix to combine and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight.
- Enjoy with your favorite fall festive meal!
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, my friends! I’ll be making the best of a dreary weekend in PA. I’m going to see some friends for lunch on Saturday and Sunday is for relaxing! Whatever you are doing this weekend, I hope it’s great! Until Monday, happy slaw making!
Do you like sweet/savory combo? Fruit in salad fan?
Tell me in the comments below!
This Week on Polyglot Jot: